Sunday 26 March 2023

Essential torches

 I blogged back in January about the two torches my wife bought me for Christmas, to replace my old one that had broken now. I said how useful torches are, essential even. Well, yesterday I was reminded of another way a torch can be useful: when you walk out at night, especially when you are alone. My wife went to celebrate the birthday of a friend and our neighbourhood does not have very good street lights. So she borrowed one of my torches. She felt much safer and I felt reassured. I always carry a torch when I am out and about and I know I will have to walk back home at night time. I think you should never leave without one.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good point!

Alison said...

Interesting that you use the British term "torches" rather than "flashlight". I've not picked up the vernacular much despite twenty years here. But speaking of "torches", I have an Anker Bolder LC90 rechargeable that's indispensable for the early a.m. dog walks as the Autumn fades into Winter. The thing has some heft to it as well, so it could double up as a defensive weapon if you needed to.