Sunday 19 March 2023

A train themed birthday?

My father took this picture at the National Railway Museum in York. Rewatching them and chatting about our time there with my wife, she had a sudden inspiration: she suggested we went to the museum for my birthday weekend. Her arguments for it: it would be a different experience than just a meal out, it would be fun for Wolfie too, there are exciting events at the museum around my birthday, we could meet friends of ours (and Wolfie's best friend Uber) who don't live very far from York and, well, there are two people who love everything train in this household. Now I say two and she is not one of these two. So I'm very moved that she thinks about the men in the family before thinking about her, as I know she finds trains and the NRM rather boring. That said, I don't think we can do it, for a number of reasons. But maybe for one birthday in the future, Wolfie's or mine we could celebrate it at the NRM. Until then, I hope my birthday this year will be train themed somehow.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope you can do it for THIS birthday -- a good spirit lifter!