Saturday 4 March 2023

The Flying Scotsman's Centenary

Oh the things you learn thanks to the National Railway Museum in York.I found out, checking their social media pages, that the Flying Scotsman is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year. It might be my favourite steam train. More importantly, the online shop of the museum is full of cool articles to celebrate: socks, caps, shirts, watches, mugs, tea towels, many sporting the trademark green colour of the train. Everything looks so nice. It is going to be my birthday next month, just in time for the celebrations. It is unlikely that we will be able to go to York, but I will put some of the things in the shop on my wish list. Maybe I will receive some as presents.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope you do!

Gwen Buchanan said...

I would love to go to such a museum