Thursday 30 March 2023

Waterstones and me

 Something struck me recently, I don't know why: it has been ages since I set foot in a Waterstones bookshop. There is one relatively close, in a nearby town, but I try to avoid said town because, well, it's ugly and dodgy. The Waterstones there is maybe the only place I love, with the library. Last time I went to this particular franchise. was probably two years ago or so, before going to the cinema, I only went briefly and did not buy anything. I used to love going to Waterstones, used to do it fairly often. I think our local bookshop really reduced my need to go there. Unless it is a big shop of the franchise, the choice isn't that different and I always prefer to encourage local businesses. All the same, I'd like to revisit a Waterstones at some point.

No comments: