Wednesday 15 March 2023

Scotland Yard in Hamleys

We did not buy much during our trip to Hamleys, but it had a lot of very temping toys and games. I was so happy to see Scotland Yard among the board games on sale. It may be my favourite board game, ex aequo with Clue/Cluedo. More details about my story with Scotland Yard here. I even invented a make-belief game based on it, I was that obsessed with it as a child!  The one I found in Hamleys is the original gameplay, set in London, on the chase of the elusive  Mr X. But I did not want to carry the whole thing through London and back home, and at £35, I thought it was a bit much. Nevertheless, I was tempted, for no better reason than to buy it in London would have made it extra special. All the same, it's on my list of birthday presents.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope you get it for your bday!

Lady M said...

You have to play it with Wolfie when you get it for your Birthday. He will love sharing your childhood memories.