Tuesday 7 March 2023

Mysterious "Panther"

I will start this post by a disclaimer: I love a bit of cryptozoology, however I know it is a pseudoscience. I will therefore relay this piece of news with caution: I remain very skeptical regarding the conclusions people have drawn from it. But anyway, a "panther" was caught on camera in a field in Gloucestershire. Or at least what looks like a black panther, or a rather large cat. The animal, maybe a feline, appears to be as large as a Labrador dog, but twice as long, or so says the article. Now I have seen the video, it is quite short and the image does not show all that much, so I don't think it is quite clear at all. I suspect an optical illusion and a mundane explanation. All the same, large cats sighting has been a staple of this country's folklore, so the news set my imagination on fire.

2 comments:

Alison said...

My husband swears there have been big cat sightings in Cannock Chase for years too. No evidence actually found ie: droppings etc... Apparently there have also been sightings of werewolves and the British Bigfoot in the vicinity. (insert rolleyes here)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The Cat of the Baskervilles?