Thursday 2 March 2023

World Book Day

 It was World Book Day today, which of course promotes reading. So here children went to school disguised as book characters. Wolfie went to school disguised as a Dalmatian. As per, well, you might have an idea. We might go to the local bokshop this weekend and buy a book or two. And English Heritage shared an article about historical places with literary links, which I thoroughly enjoyed and I am sharing it now. If you're wondering what to read where, this is the article for you. Anyway, I try to commemorate it every year, as I love all things books and literature.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Awwww, I bet Wolfie was too cute for words! I'll check out that link too, thanks.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That link is excellent! I especially enjoyed the literary connections of Stonehenge and Tintagel Castle, since I've been to both places. Also enjoyed Hadrian's Wall because I remember that poem from high school.

Alison said...

Glad to know the schools are promoting this most worthy date on the calendar. I spent many happy hours growing up with my nose in a book!