Thursday 2 March 2023

Redundancy again

Oh darnit, it happened again: I am going to be redundant at the end of this month. Through no fault of my own, thankfully: my (soon to be ex) employer subcontracts work and the client I am working for has suddenly and unexpectedly ended his contract. So the account is shutting down and I cannot be moved on a different project. Henceforth, I am being made redundant. I am of two minds about it. I was not really expecting it and my personal performance was great, so on the one end, I am not too happy. Especially since I liked that job. And my wife is also looking for a job, so that makes me a bit nervous. But on the other end, my still employers are being very nice and helpful. They even told me they would definitely rehire me should new accounts open. Furthermore, I already rose the interest of some recruiters. So I don't feel as bitter as I felt when I lost the job I hated, in fact while I am nervous I remain positive that I should get something fairly quickly (touch wood). It's just frustrating that it happened so suddenly.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh crap, that's unfortunate. But with your strong performance, you'll get a good reference from your current employer. I'm sure you'll find something soon! Good luck!

Alison said...

Golly, not the best news, but hopefully you'll be gainfully employed again soon. And good luck to your wife with her job search.