Tuesday 14 March 2023

A Guinness Cake for Saint Paddy's

 I haven't blogged about the upcoming Saint-Patrick's Day yet, which is a bit of a shame, as it is one of my best holidays. That doesn't mean we are not preparing it. I say we, as this year my wife took the initiative with a great idea. For many of us, myself included, Saint Paddy's means drinking Guinness. Well, she suggested that we bake Nigella Lawson's Chocolate Guinness cake. We never made one, but enjoyed it a few times in cafés and restaurants. It is just so delicious. We bought alcohol free Guinness so Wolfie can have some too. We might fail miserably, but even if it looks terrible, it should be edible.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I'm available for taste testing, no fees involved!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i've made this and it is very good!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a great idea! Be sure to post a photo!