Friday 3 March 2023

Rediscovering Dead at Daybreak

I have been reading very slowly since the beginning of the year. I have also been reading very little crime fiction. I intend to change this soon. A few months ago, I bought Dead at Daybreak, by South African crime writer Deon Meyer. The very first novel I read of him, read this post for details about it. It will be almost 20 years since I first (and last) read it, so it will be a rediscovery. I remember the plot and characters pretty well, or at least I think I do. It will nevertheless be a pleasure to binge into some unapologetic violence. Until he publishes his new novel next year, I was thinking of finding other South African crime authors. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My blog posts today and on Sunday both feature Noir themes!