Saturday 10 October 2020

First "Large" Pumpkin

For today's (first?) countdown to Halloween post, some trivial Jack O'Lantern news. We bought the first pumpkin this week, with an Asda order. It is meant to be a "large" pumpkin and when I saw the label, I thought they were joking. Surely this can't be a large pumpkin! It is an average one at best. Well, I should not complain: it is only £1.50 and it will most definitely not be the only pumpkin of Halloween. Oh how I miss the big ones from Montreal! But Wolfie likes it very much and is very eager to carve it soon. And by soon I mean now: since he saw the pumpkin he's been asking to make it into a Jack O'Lantern. I keep telling him that it is too early and that I don't want it to go mouldy before the 31st, he does not want to wait.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hate it when they cut the stems off so short, too.

Lady M said...

Cute - I love Wolfies enthusiasm for the season.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i can't wait to see it carved!

Nellie said...

That is a nice-looking pumpkin, though it might be just a little early for carving. I love the enthusiasm of Wolfe!