Tuesday 20 October 2020

The Tapestried Chamber

 For today's countdown to Halloween reading suggestion, a classic ghost story from Sir Walter Scott: The Tapestried Chamber. I have plugged it before, but that was ten years ago, so I think I can do it again now. It may look tame compared to modern horror stories, but I love its simplicity and its sobriety. A simple ghostly apparition in a (somewhat) familiar setting. Well, if you can consider an old castle a familiar setting, but it was familiar enough for the protagonists there. Anyway, tell me what you thought of it.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I read a couple of Sir Walter Scott classics when I was a kid and enjoyed them. If I have time later, I'll give this story a whirl too.

Deadpan Flook said...

First time I'd read that story, but it's a good one! I like how much it sounds like a typical ghost sighting, but with the added reveal at the end! Thanks for the recommendation!