Saturday 3 October 2020

Dark Harvest

For today's countdown to Halloween post (there might be more if I have time and get inspired) another reading suggestion: Dark Harvest by Norman Partridge. Which is a fairly recent horror classic as it was published in 2007. I must confess, I did not enjoyed it as much as I wanted to. Maybe I was expecting a "proper" horror novel. Instead it is a dark fantasy with horror elements. I am not sure if I make sense, but I don't want to give anything away and the novel has its fair share of twists (albeit you can see them coming). This is not to say that it does not deserve to be called a brilliant seasonal read. Just maybe not what I was in the mood for. So anyway, without giving anything away, this is a very dark tale involving a monster (the punpkin headed October Boy) and a ritualised chase, where we do not know for sure who is/are the hunter(s) and who is/are the preys. Like in many horror stories, evil has a human source and this makes the story all the more horrifying.

1 comment:

Lady M said...

Sounds intriguing!