Sunday 25 October 2020

Scottish Tales of Terror

For today's countdown to Halloween's post, a picture of a book found by the International Anthony Burgess Foundation. It is titled Scottish Tales of Terror and what a great cover it has, just pulpy enough, with a ghoulish probably undead Scottish warrior. Who would have thought that my favourite author enjoyed horror stories. Well, he was extremely well read in all genres, so I guess this is no surprise that some books of horror were to be found on his bookshelves. And his mother was a Scot, which might also partially explain his interest. So anyway, I saw this and now I want to get my hand on another book. Life is so unfair.

3 comments:

Bob Johns said...

That cover is AWESOME! I would read this book base on that alone but you add in Scottish and it makes it even better.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ach, laddie.

Lady M said...

The story of the haunted sporran and other wee tales of terror.