Saturday 24 October 2020

Halloween Events of Old (and a bookmark)

For today's countdown to Halloween, I am sharing an old, old leaflet which I found I cannot remember where. I believe it was in one of the local libraries, but it could have been a local pub. Back in 2008, the town of Maidenhead was doing some special event in the week just before Halloween. We went there, but a bit late, so we missed pretty much everything: pumpkin carving, scary stories told (by a certain Baron Bloody, I need to find that guy if he still exists), evrything that is, but the owls display. But I kept the leaflet because the image looked so good, with the witch flying with her cat, with the moon in the background. Since then I have been using the leaflet as a Halloween bookmark, which I use to read my Halloween related books, come this time of year. It is old and wornout, but it is the coolest bookmark ever.

No comments: