Sunday 12 October 2014

A mysterious teapot

It was the birthday of my brother PJ recently and I uploaded a cropped picture of one of his childhood's birthdays on the post for the occasion. I had cropped another bit of the picture, which I uploaded as the topic of another French post last year. I was, I am still, fascinated by it. It is a mysterious teapot. Why, you will ask. Because it is a teapot (unless I am mistaken) and I wonder what the heck it is doing there. It may sound stupid, I mean it makes sense, in October, in autumn, to have some warming tea on a family gathering, but there it is: my parents don't like tea. My mother borderline hates it. And there is this big teapot in one of our anniversary events. I did not drink tea at the time of course, so I never noticed it until today. I know we had many guests, but I don't remember any member of family being particularly fond of tea, not enough to warrant boiling such quantity. So I look at it and wonder.

3 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

Hah, the way we sometimes obsess over things!

Gwen Buchanan said...

It looks like a Coffee pot to me. at least that is what I have seen this shaped pot used for at gatherings and community suppers. perhaps.

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Well if Gwen is correct...perhaps your family would have been more inclined to drink coffee perhaps? If so, that might help solve the mystery of its existence.