Saturday 18 October 2014

A Halloween story about a black cat

For my countdown to Halloween post today, I have decided to blog about a story from Halloween: Magic, Mystery and the Macabre, which I blogged about recently. It is funny, because it was not really a scary story. It is called For the Removal of Unwanted Guests and was written by A.C. Wise, who is a fellow Montrealer. I loved the story so much, I intend to read more of her. The story is about a witch and her black cat moving into the home of a bachelor. Not an evil witch, just an invasive one.
But for me, the story was all about the cat.

It touched me particularly because when I read it, Odin was curled up right next to me. He also pretty much took over the place the way the witch did in the story, walked in one night as if the flat was his home. In Wise's story, the witch says that the house needs a witch. In the story, just like real life, I think this house, like every other, truly needs a cat. Anyway, while there was no witch in my story, or no friendly, cat-loving one anyway (because unfortunately there was a nasty one), there certainly was a cat with the same carefree attitude. If you are into Halloween but not so much into horror (it exists), I would recommend this story.

3 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Aw...Sounds right up my alley! Witches and Cats and Halloween! :o)

Ms Misantropia said...

So, Odin ended up living with you now? Or is there more to the story?

Guillaume said...

@Wendy-Yes, it is a lovely story, a very touching one, although I am biased thinking that.
@Ms Misantropia-He lived with us for a while, from August to late November, when he died.