Thursday 9 October 2014

Don't Fear the Reaper (but keep your eyes open)

I know, I uploaded this song before. But I thought I needed some music for my countdown to Halloween and this song is perfect. Because it is about the Reaper, among other things. More importantly, it is featured in Halloween, as I mentioned two years ago. In it, Michael Myers, or more accurately The Shape, is tailing Laurie Strode and Annie Brackett as they drive to their babysitting job on Halloween evening. Moral of the scene (and maybe the song?): don't fear the Reaper, whatever form he takes, as you would succumb to panic when danger arrives, but do keep your eyes open. Anyway, Don't fear the Reaper is also a perfect Halloween song, because of the association of both song and holiday with harvest. And one last note: is it only me or so many 70s songs are scary? I wonder why.

2 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

I was scrolling down through your posts, realizing I had missed many and wondering why - then I saw that I wasn't following you yet (I thought I were). You are now on my reading list :)

- Love Camembert and almost all french cheeses. My favorites will always be the chèvres.

- Love this song!

- Ben Affleck? Ewww.

- Halloween, pumpkins and black kitties? Yay!

The Gill-Man said...

This song is forever tied to Halloween for me. It is a major part of my playlist every year when the Season begins!