Sunday 3 November 2013

A chocolate owl

This is a chocolate owl (well, duh!), the one mentioned in the title (re-duh!).It is from Chocolats Privilège in Montreal, it was among their Halloween specials. My dad bought it as a gift for me, I did not have time to eat it there so brought it here, surprisingly it survived the trip unbroken. I wanted to blog it about it during the countdown to Halloween, but in the end I did not have time for that either. And I thought it would work just as well now. We are still in autumn, after all, and this picture I took in the apartment in Montreal, with the owl on the mat with autumnal motives, fit the time perfectly. I am not certain if I ever ate something from Chocolats Privilège, but knowing my parents knowledge of the good places in Montreal and elsewhere in Quebec for everything sweet related, I trust it it is going to be delicious. So it is my dessert tonight.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i have had chocolates from that place and though i am not much of a chocolate eater, they were wonderful!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I admire your restraint. If that owl had been given to me, it would have lasted 5 minutes.

Mantan Calaveras said...

That's cool, it's a very old-skool design.

I am so spoiled, we have tons of great chocolatiers in Eugene, in fact there's a gourmet chocolate factory around the corner from my house.