Saturday 23 November 2013

A Christmas tree

I took this picture last Sunday, it is the town's official Christmas tree. It is now full of lights. I am uploading the picture now because I actually like the look of a bare pine tree, without decorations, and also because it shows how quietly the atmosphere of the Christmas season has been settling in here. Often and in many places, it is quick and aggressive, so come December I am already a bit blasé. Too many lights, too many decorations, too much music, etc. But here, this year especially, it is quiet. The Christmas tree was put up at some point this month, the lights last Thursday, the spirit of the season is settling in around and I am slowly getting into it myself. Now if only there was snow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its a lovely tree, I understand what you say of too much too much, things need to slow down a bit, too many choices makes my mind go crazy, too many choices for purchasing, too many choices for my eyes and too many choices for listening, why can't things be more simple,

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i have always wanted to fill my house with fresh trees covered in nothing but tiny white lights.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a beauty!