Saturday 9 November 2013

Brushing up my Italian

This evening, I am supposed to have dinner with my friend, Italian and former colleague, and her boyfriend, who is visiting her from Italy. Little detail of some importance: the man speaks very little English. So I need to brush up my Italian. I am glad. I will have a good occasion to practice and to improve. Of course, I haven't studied it in a long while, but nothing like immersion to get better. Well, immersion, it will be one to one immersion, not exactly like being in Italy with monolingual people, but still.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

my italian is rusty too. i find that drinking a glass of wine helps it tremendously!

Guillaume said...

I had beer, or birra as it is said in Italian. It didn't help me one bit. I should have had Chianti.