Saturday 15 October 2011

Moon Shadow

I am feeling like a bit like a hippy tonight and listening to Cat Stevens, one of my my weekend treats.It is also a remedy from the rubbish we have on TV (that rubbish). So I decided to put Moon Shadow here. It was Cat Stevens's favourite song of  his repertoire and it is still Yusuf Islam's favourite one. I am not sure if it is mine, I love a lot of his songs, but it sure is the song I prefer on a quiet Saturday night. It is simple,soothing, profound. Yusuf Islam might have expressed in Moon Shadow his religious experience of the Muslim he was maybe already turning into, but the song has a serenity that needs no faith to enjoy. Aesthetic is always, at the core, physical.

1 comment:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Well Moonshadow does happen to be MY favorite Cat Stevens song! It just makes me feel happy! :o)

Glad you got your Halloween care package. Now everyone has gotten there goodies at last! And I've done my part to spread Halloween Cheer. My work is complete...ha! :o)