Sunday 13 September 2020

Autumn Birthdays

It was recently little Wolfie's birthday. As expected he was spoiled with lots of presents, among them this combined harvester from Playmobil. Spoiled, but thankfully always grateful: he was happy and even enthusiastic with every single present he received. We probably have done something right with him, but I also think this in part due to the fact that his birthday is in autumn. I was discussing this with my brother PJ, who also celebrate his birthday in autumn, and it seems that from what we can remember, the birthdays of our childhood we celebrated in that season always seemed cooler somehow. The presents at his birthday always seemed more inspired than the ones my brother Andrew or myself received. Maybe there were better toys on sales due to the coming winter season? Maybe because I was already unconsciously an autumn lover and thought it was nicer to celebrate during this season? Maybe it is just the nostalgia talking and twisting my old memories. I am not sure why, but I often remember more PJ's birthday presents than my own. But I cannot complain now that Wolfie has his birthday in autumn. Having a young child, it gives you a second childhood.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad Wolfie had a great birthday!