Wednesday 23 September 2020

The slow reader

 I noticed something recently: I have been a slow readers these last few weeks, maybe even these last few months. I check the list of books I had read last year and how many books I have read so far this year, and while it is not dramatically low there are far less. I also noticed that it takes me longer to get through a book. I suspect it is because I am working from home: I had plenty of time to read during my commute. I even had a good thirty minutes to kill every morning before walking to the office. Since working from home, I have little commute time, but the free time I gained I don't spend as much of it reading. It is a question of adaptation of course. With a bit more discipline, I should be able to read a lot more, maybe even start binge-reading again. I need to, as I have a lot of books to go through and to share on this blog.

No comments: