Tuesday 7 May 2019

Binge-Reading

I recently read this opinion article in the New York Times, from Ben Dolnick, a writer I don't know at all. The title is: "Why You Should Start Binge-Reading Right Now". I let you read and appreciate the argument, but I wholeheartedly agree: I find binge reading far more satisfying, emotionally and intellectually, than binge-watching. It is unfortunate, and a bit shameful, that I don't do it very often anymore. So I am plugging his article to raise awareness among my readers and I have decided to preach by example and will binge-read as much as I can, just like in the good old days before the internet and social media. Binge-reading is also the new word of the day on this blog. I am doing this not merely out of duty, but because binge-reading is actually a pleasure.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Binge reading is great if you have the time. It's the time that's the issue.