Thursday 9 May 2019

A sweet little girl

Today we were visiting another preschool with our son. This time it was an appointment, bot on a open day like last time. It will be a difficult choice in the end, as this one has a lot of good things going for it too. And we haven't seen them all yet! The children were very curious about Wolfie and these two new adults they hadn't met. They were very sweet. One little girl in particular, with a very severe strabismus (one of her pupils was completely inward), wearing glasses already at age three, talked to me. I say talk, but truly whispering is a more accurate term: she was whispering questions and requests, asking my boy's name, my name, then telling her name. She asked me to help her in her games ("I want you to help me"), setting railways and stuff. She never smiled once, or barely, but she was just there. The staff was impressed, as apparently she is extremely shy and does not open up at all. When we left, she actually ran after me asking if I was leaving. I felt really sorry for her. I just can't help thinking her liability is already having a toll on her. Anyway, no idea what she found in me, but it was my good deed of the day.

No comments: