Friday 10 May 2019

Steak sandwich

It's not because I am on holiday on a Friday that I will not allow myself my usual Friday treat. In fact, it gives me plenty of time to treat myself properly. So today, we went to visit preschools and we stopped for lunch at a pub near the last one we had visited in the morning. We were not sure whether to eat there or just have a drink, but it smelled really nice. We were looking at the menu when one of the staff came to us with the chalk board showing the daily specials. My wife identified right away what I was going to have: this steak sandwich. With fried onion and cheese, and chips on the side. I added American mustard on it, because they did not have Dijon. That was a proper Friday lunch, yummy, greasy decadent stuff. It was not the best I ever had, but it was plentiful. It reminded me of the time when, as a teenager, my mother used to make roast beef, then we had the leftovers in a sandwich like this one. When we left, Wolfie kept saying: "Want steak, want steak!" I guess he could tell I had something special.

No comments: