Tuesday 7 May 2019

Baking with Wolfie

Here is a new first for the family, or at least for me: I did some baking with Wolfie last Saturday. He had already baked with his mummy, but this time it was a father and son moment.We made a recipe of "galettes au raisin", which are basically raisin based cookies. It is an old classic from my paternal grandmother. The result was not great: I messed up the quantities, put too much sugar, too much butter as well, so the cookies were really thin, they got stuck together while baking and stuck to each other when I put them in a jar while they were still hot. But Wolfie loved baking with me. He did lots of stirring ("Me do it, me do it!"), had his say in the quantities ("bit more, bit more!") and overall was a great apprentice. And in the end, even though the presentation left to be desired, he really enjoyed the galettes.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

at least you baked. many people never do!