Thursday 2 May 2019

Overeducated and underpaid

My wife sent me recently this BBC article, about a depressing and chilling piece of news: here in the UK, almost a third of graduates are overqualified for the job they have. I think this is probably the case in other Western countries as well. I find it disheartening. It is not my situation, but in these uncertain times it is never good news. And I have been in the same situation in the past, about ten years ago, when I was, ironically enough, working in education. This made me vow to never again work as a teacher. My heart goes to all these talented young people who are in dead-end jobs. I feel their pain.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

we need to go back to the times when there were trade schools. we have too many over educated people and yet you can't find a decent carpenter or plumber anywhere.