Tuesday 8 September 2020

Twix and Tea

A few years ago, back in my old job (not my last one, but the one before) a then colleague told of a way to enjoy a Twix bar and tea: you dip the Twix in your tea, bite the bit that had been in the liquid, then do the same for the other end, then finally use what is left of the bar as a straw. You get hot tea mixed with warmed up caramel, the rest of the bar is all gooey and warm and it is allegedly delicious. Well, I have been curious about it since then, so I decided to try it yesterday after my lunch as my wife had bought some Twix for dessert. While there was not much possibility to drink all that much tea, it did taste quite nice. I will try it again, next time hopefully I will be better at it.

1 comment:

Sue Bursztynski said...

This sounds to me like the Aussie way of enjoying a Tim Tam biscuit, which is a bit like a Twix bar - it’s a biscuit with chocolate filling and coated with chocolate. I haven’t yet met anyone who didn’t get a cup of tea filled with soggy biscuit! But it must have worked for somebody or people wouldn’t be recommending it, eh? 🙂