Friday 4 September 2020

First sign of Halloween

Last week, while it was still August, I saw the very first sign of Halloween. Interestingly enough, it was not in the window of a shop, but in one of the town's allotments. First sign of Halloween, and also another sign of the autumnal season which is finally upon us. I got so enthusiastic, I took the time to take a picture. So here it is. It is very small, but you can see it among the foliage. A little pumpkin, but already in fiery orange, growing nicely there. I envy whoever had the brilliant idea to grow pumpkins on the allotment and I wish him or her the best for the weeks to come. Hopefully this little fella will grow to become a fearsome Jack O'Lantern.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

yay! bring it on!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So cute!

Lady M said...

It can't come soon enough - I am ready for crisp weather.