Wednesday 2 September 2020

About Binoculars

We recently visited my in-laws recently. Wolfie was very happy to see his daddad and grandma. They had prepared the garden for him, with lots of plastic animals as a sort of safari, but also these binoculars. He got interested about them for a few minutes. I think I got more enthusiastic about the binoculars than he did. When I was his age, my dad had binoculars as well, like these, although from what I can remember they were bigger. My brothers and I loved it. Dad had it for birdwatching, but we used it in make-belief games, or to spy on the neighbours and the people walking by. There was a spot in the garden of a friend, where we could see the street without being seen, and we could spend ages there, imagining we were secret agents on a mission. I guess it is maybe for the best that Wolfie did not get too interested about these binoculars.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Not on point, but thought this article might interest you, both as a railway enthusiast and as a father of a young boy --

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/kid-sized-backyard-train-regina-1.5708113