Tuesday 29 September 2020

The black bears and the apples

For today's autumn chronicle post, I am sharing a rather impressive picture to comment on. My father sent it to me very recently. I thought at first it was taken from a surveillance camera on the land owned by my uncles, but he found it online. Apparently, humans are not the only animals interested in harvesting apples. It turns out black bears are also quite fond of the fruit of autumn. I think the apples were placed there by hunters trying to attract deers and mooses. And guess who showed up. I have never seen so many black bears in the same spot. I do find them very cute, especially hungry like this, but I always keep in mind that they are not only fruit eaters, even if its the main part of their diet. Be that as it may, what a lovely bunch of bears.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow! Hard to believe they would all so peacefully congregate together like that without at least one fight breaking out.

Nellie said...

Oh, my! Around here, we are quite eager to stay out of the way of black bears! I would let them have ALL my apples!

Lady M said...

Wow look at the bear who is lying on the apples in the middle. That's one happy bear.