Saturday 5 September 2020

First Saturday of September

Happy first Saturday of September everyone, I hope that it is a very autumnal one for you, wherever you are. I can now enjoy the month and the season fully. This was not always the case: while I always loved autumn, I had mixed feelings about September as a child, because it was the beginning of school. So early September was always bittersweet for me. But the first Saturdays of September were always the highest point of the month, when I could really make the best of it. Saturday was the beginning of the autumn TV schedule and Saturday meant lots of new and exciting Tv programs to discover, as well as finding old ones I loved. I still look back upon these moments fondly. In the age of streaming, we tend to forget the excitement of watching things when they were available on television. That said, as I do not go to school anymore, or work  in a school, I don't have that vague feeling of dread come September, and the first Saturday of the month is spent fully enjoying the new season.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've always loved September precisely BECAUSE school started again!