Sunday 22 March 2020

Bookshop and Mother's Day

The local bookshop is open these days, or at least it was open yesterday, in spite of the pandemic. They are trying to keep and keep their customer at safe distancing, but I will not risk it myself: any venture in the outside world these days is risky enough and too many people are careless. It sucks for them, as they will lose business and it sucks for me as I have not been in the bookshop for ages and I want to encourage local businesses whenever possible. And I just love buying books. Thankfully, I have enough on my bookshelves to keep me busy for a long quarantine. Still, I feel kind of guilty. And they have made a nice little display for Mother's Day. Which is celebrated today in the UK. I would have loved to buy my wife a book, I think it is an original gift. Sadly, it will have to be next year.

3 comments:

Lady M said...

Happy Mother's Day to your wife. I am confident and you and Wolfie will think of something special to mark the day.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy Mother's Day to your wife! Do they still call it "Mothering Sunday" in England?

Guillaume said...

Thank you both for your comments. @Debra-They call it "Mother's Day"