Saturday 14 March 2020

The 87th Precinct: a new family tradition?

My readers know that I am a big fan of Ed McBain's 87th Precinct series. I discovered it when I was twenty or so and I got hooked since then. I have not read them all yet, but I plan to. I was also pleasantly surprised to discovered that my mother-in-law loves reading McBain's novels. She discovered them thanks to her husband, also a keen reader of McBain's 87th Precinct. I blogged about it here. So it struck me recently, as I am reading a novel from the series again: why don't I lend it to my wife after I finish it and she can discover the books, then to Wolfie when he is old enough? It could become a family tradition. It is already one, in a way.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's never too soon to introduce a child to hard-boiled police crime books!