Saturday 7 March 2020

Dark Blue Oxford University Ale

A bit of context: we went today to the Didcot Railway Centre. Our very first trip there, but not our last. We also had lunch there and with my lunch, I had a local product (since we were in Oxfordshire and all). The Dark Blue Oxford University Ale from White Horse Brewery. Sadly, there was no glass to pour the beer in, so I could appreciate its colour, which is dark chestnut, not dark blue. I know I had some from this brewery before, but cannot remember which one or when. I will try to drink some more of them, because it was really enjoyable, although this may be due to the circumstances than the beer itself. A dark ale on a cool, cloudy day, then a few trips on vintage trains. What's not to love? No seriously, I love than in this country, you can have proper brews in museums, not merely some generic beers.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That beer seems to have made your day!

Lady M said...

I have seen the Vale of the White Horse many times and have past the sign for the Didcot Railway Center though have never. Glad it was not raining today. His Lordship, my better half, has been visiting and said the weather in the UK has been foul as of late.