Thursday 28 April 2016

Mysterious Gate

I had noticed this gate, leading to a place called "Archers' Court," a long time ago. It is one of the many old or oldish properties we cannot afford. I wonder who can. I had noticed it a long time ago, but a few years ago I noticed it again and I had a shiver. The gate to Archers Court does not only look elegant with its worn out wood, it looks unsettling and frightening. Maybe it was because the day was overcast and cool, but I think the gate itself, with its bars (and enough space to throw arrows at you) is scary. Back in 2009 I blogged about a mysterious door. Well, this is a mysterious gate. It does not completely hide the property behind it and its garden, but it is guarding it all the same and the bars give both the gate and the place a menacing look. Like long, sharp teeth in the mouth of a monster. Archers Court, or at least its garden, could be a great setting for a scary story. I want to see it around Halloween time. It is a long time away, but I can't help but think of the holiday when I see this gate. It looks like the perfect haunted place.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Didn't you know? That's where Robin Hood and Maid Marion live!

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I do love such mysterious doors, or windows and gateways too ~~~ what stories they could tell!

Prof Solitaire said...

J'adore!! :-)

Anonymous said...

that is a bit spooky,, maybe the bars are to keep someone in!!