Tuesday 26 April 2016

A flock of red kites

I took this picture about a week ago, walking back home. On it you can see red kites, a lot of them, flying over the roof of a nearby house. The South East of England is full of them, but it is rare to see so many gathered together like this. It is quite an impressive spectacle. It's not a great picture, but I wanted to share the experience, at least a token of it. Like I mentioned two years ago, red kites are our most distinctive avian neighbours. They are also, I think, our most distinguished ones. So this sight deserved to be mentioned on Vraie Fiction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!
When they fly in a circular pattern upwards in the sky,, is that called a Kettle,, a kettle of Kites,, maybe I dreamed that,, forgive me if I have lol,,