Monday 11 April 2016

A stick in the train

I took this picture about six months ago, give or take, one morning in the train of my commute to work. A stick, stuck between two seats. Who put it there and why, if only to make a practical joke and maybe get someone hurt in the meantime? I stared at it, took the picture, then took it away because I thought it could be dangerous. Why did I take the photo? Because I have sometimes time to waste and I get obsessed about the most trivial detail. I kid you not, I got literally obsessed about that darn stick and its presence in the train. I wanted to blog about it, but postponed it for all these months because I had better topics to blog about than a stick! Maybe it is a side effect of my tendency to misanthropy, I focus on inanimate objects rather than my fellow primates. This may be the most trivial post I have ever written since I started blogging. Nevertheless, what was that stick doing in the train?

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I think this should be one of your existential questions -- "why does a stick do anything?"