Wednesday 19 June 2013

Waiting for the storm...

I took this picture from my mobile phone, last Saturday. It was pouring rain and I had been caught outside. I remained in a shop until it calmed down. As I had plenty of time, I had the luxury to just wait inside, dry, or almost, until the rain had calmed down. I love big heavy rains, as long as I am not stuck in them. I wish I had been in a pub or a café with a book, then that would have been heaven. I love heavy rains, but I much prefer violent storms. I strongly believe it is never really summertime until a storm baptizes the season. (People will forgive me I hope this very Catholic metaphor.) These last few days, it has been warmer and warmer, but especially wet, the air has a kind of moist that announces a storm coming. And storms have been forecast around here, but so far have skipped the area. So I am waiting for the storm.

2 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Right, we just haven't had near enough storms this year. ....... kidding.

I like the picture though.

Guillaume said...

It is a lovely picture.