Sunday 9 June 2013

A wild garden

I took this picture last week, in a nearby cemetery by the Church of England's church of this town. I am not a religious man by any stretch of the imagination, as my readership knows I am antheist and anticlerical, but I like old churches and old cemetaries, especially in Europe, when there are old tombstones dating back from centuries. It also happens to be a garden. At the entrance, a message says it remains unkempt to make it natural. I love this philosophy, making the garden unspoiled by human hands, still wild and unruly. It makes it more alive, in a way. And walking through it was very pleasant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love old cemeteries and tomb fields (we have lots of old tombs here where I live). the less well kept they are the better I like them.

Christer.

Guillaume said...

Hey, thanks for commenting on my blog! I love old cemeteries like this, wild and very much alive.