Sunday 10 June 2012

Summer treats

It does not feel much like summer outside, but since yesterday I got in a summery mood, gastronomically speaking: I started craving burgers. Nice, juicy, full of bad stuff hamburgers. I mean the real thing, not what I would buy in a fast food, but the bad stuff I would make myself, with Dijon mustard, mayonnaise I made myself, fried onions, a healthy slice of tomatoes... And dill pickles. So today I bought what I needed to make burgers. Except I forgot to buy dill pickles. Otherwise, everything is here, they will be close to perfection. It will be the first official burgers of the summer, and the first one I made in ages.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Home made burgers are the best, sometimes we ever buy them from fast food shops. I had a 'make your own burger' for a birthday party once, and it was a great success, and delicious too. And everyone did their own cooking which was a bonus:-) Enjoy!

Cynthia said...

Lucky you! It's cold right now in Paris so we ate trout with zucchinis!

Guillaume said...

@Anonymous-That sounds like a great dinner party idea! I had some "make your own pizza" parties, but never "make your own burger".
@Cynthia-But trout is healthier.

suzanne said...

Nothing beats a homemade burger in summer. I like to experiment with different types of mustard on mine. And roasted peppers.

PJ said...

A homemade burger is even better with a homemade bun. It's a pity the B&D bread machine broke after 8 months of usage. Made great burger buns, and pizza dough too. Other breads were not that great.