Monday 25 March 2019

Wolfie and train travels

I took this picture at the National Railway Museum of York and I am sharing it here (I hope for the first time) as it illustrates this post's topic. I blogged before about my son's love of train sets. Well, it turns out that Wolfie also loves real trains and like his father long for train travels. Recently, we went to a nearby town and parked in the local railway station's parking. As we were leaving, a train came slowly in the station. Wolfie started saying: "Hou hou" (his word for trains). We thought at first that he was afraid, as he had been before when he saw train passing at full speed. This one, however, was slow. He then kept on saying: "Oh no! Hou Hou, Hou Hou!" pointing at it with a certain distress. It took us a few seconds to figure out that he wanted to go on the train! He did not want to miss it and got genuinely upset that we did not take it. He actually got on about it all evening. So Wolfie wants to travel by train again.

1 comment:

Ygraine said...

I guess you're going to have to take Wolfie on the train again soon!😉

I haven't on a train for ages either. I think you may have inspired me...I will make the effort to go and buy a ticket as soon as I have some spare time!

Many thanks for a super post!😊😊