Wednesday 6 March 2019

Juicy Water: citrus fruits vs germs

My cold is overstaying its welcome. Or, to be more precise, it is still squatting here and I am getting seriously fed up of being sick. I read in various articles online that citrus fruits are meant to be good against colds, that they alleviate its effects. Something to do with Vitamin C or something. It might be overblown for all I care, but desperation calls for desperate measures, so I decided to drink Juicy Water (it is a brand of... juicy water) during lunchtime at work. The one with oranges and lemons, like the nursery rhyme. I am not convinced, so far it had no effect, not even a placebo one, especially not a placebo one, but it tastes nice enough. And on the plus side (trying to keep positive here), at least I can still taste something.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm a big believer in Vitamin C to ward off colds, but you have to take a megadose of it when you first feel that tickle in the throat or nose, before the cold really takes hold of you. Once you actually have a cold, Vitamin C is useless. Too late then.