Tuesday 26 March 2019

Wuthering Heights for sale

Here is a piece of real estate news that came up recently, which I haven't had time to comment on, but really wanted to: Wuthering Heights is on sale. Or rather, the house that is said to have inspired Emily Brontë for her novel Wuthering Heights. I don't know how true it is, but judging by the picture, it certainly has character and atmosphere. It is also worth £1.25m, if you are interested. A bit of anecdote regarding the classic novel: I read it when I was in college. It is one of the very few love stories that I truly enjoyed, mostly because it was a tragic one, but also because of the house itself.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Whoever buys it must legally change their name to Heathcliff.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

well, call me heathcliff because if i was anywhere near there, that house would be mine! my favorite book of all time is wuthering heights. and though the aga isn't the right color, it certainly is the right stove!