Wednesday 27 March 2019

Italian Iced Tea

Well, I'll be damned. During our last visit to Caffè Nero (which I blogged about here) I discovered that San Pellegrino now has a range of iced teas. There was this lemone & tea and some other flavour with peach or something. Since I don't like coffee and I thought it was warm enough for something cold, this is what I decided to drink. Also, of course, out of curiosity. I don't associate tea with Italy and there is nothing more Italian when it comes to soft drinks than San Pellegrino. As far as I remember, last time I drank iced tea was in 1999, when I first arrived in England to study and the student union was offering the bottles of iced tea as freebie. Some promotion or other. The promotion stopped, so I stopped drinking iced tea until last weekend. I should drink more of it when the temperature is warmer. It tastes quite nice, not too sweet like sometimes their soft drinks do, and it looks like you are drinking a cocktail or some spirit.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I drink iced tea all the time. It's just regular tea that I let cool down and then put in the fridge to chill. Yum!