Thursday 28 March 2019

The trouble with socks

Sometimes, I have to face the cold, hard truth: I have a problem with my socks. I have been unable to pair the socks I wear for quite a while now, no matter how hard I try. It is like one is in the dirty laundry basket, another is clean, and another is missing in action. Just how many of my socks are just single and have been so for so long? My grandmother had an expression for it, which my mother used: socks are brothers. When I cannot find the other sock of a pair, then this sock is brotherless, or has lost his little brother. This is terrible. I will have to spend extensive time this weekend trying to pair them up. Any suggestion on how to find them and pair them up quickly, please let me know in the comments section.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

After throwing away all my old socks, I buy all my new socks together at the same time -- all the same colour and style. That way they all pair up with each other automatically. They also wear evenly and when they are old, I throw them all away and start over again.

Hey, it may be a crazy system but it's worked for me all my adult life. Who has time to sort socks?

Ygraine said...

Ha, I once had the same problem, but now as soon as they emerge from the washing machine, I put one inside the other and leave them together until I wear them again!
Try it...I promise you, it works!!😉