Wednesday 27 February 2019

Wolfie and his train set

I took this picture at the National Railway Museum of York and I am sharing it here as it illustrates tonight's topic (as usual). I don't think I shared it before. I hope not anyway. Today, my wife when thrift shopping, at the instigation of one of her friends (Blonde Tickler's mother). My wife wanted to buy more toys for Wolfie, as if he doesn't have enough already. Well, she found an offer that was so good she could not refuse it: a whole train set for only £4.00. This include a lot of railways, locomotives, wagons, some pieces of machinery to go with the trains, a station and some other things. Nothing very sophisticated, it's all cheap plastic stuff, and second-hand on top of that. But Wolfie loves it. The set turns the living room into an already bigger mess than before, nevertheless I am very happy to see that he shares the same fascination for railways as his father, uncles and grandfather.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

well...there you have it! thrift shopping is a good thing. i see so many nice toys at our thrift stores i wonder why more people don't buy them.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!