Sunday 24 February 2019

Venus & Mars

This was yesterday’s poison. Venus & Mars from Black Sheep Brewery, which beers I have enjoyed in the past, but very seldom tried. I thought it was the right time to get acquainted with their products. I bought it and decided to try it then because February is the month of Venus (with Valentine’s Day and all) and the coming March being the month of the God Mars (well, duh!), I also loved the way they sold it on the label, the meeting of two world, heavens and earth (Mars is also a Cthonian, thus an agricultural god), "ancient alchemy in full force." I thought this was an obvious choice. It may not be as amazing a drinking experience as the promotion made it out to be, but it is nevertheless quite enjoyable for a pale ale that is actually not so pale, as you can see from the picture.

No comments: